Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Genius of Nostrils

"I know my fate. One day my name will be associated with the memory of something tremendous - a crisis without equal on earth, the most profound collision of conscience, a decision that was conjured up against everything that had been believed, demanded, hallowed so far. I am no man, I am dynamite....

Revaluation of all values: that is my formula for an act of supreme self-examination on the part of humanity, become flesh and genius in me. It is my fate that I have to be the first decent human being; that I know myself to stand in opposition to the mendaciousness of millennia. - I was the first to discover the truth by being the first to experience lies as lies - smelling them out. - My genius is in my nostrils."

-- Nietzsche, Ecce Homo, 'Why I am a Destiny, S1.

No comments:

Post a Comment